Mike began his career in travel writing by going overseas during his holidays and writing his own guide. He then sent this manuscript off to a range of travel guide companies and got a range of rejection letters — all except one. Getting a contract to write for Roger Lascelles Publications on the Caribbean islands of Trinidad and Tobago and The Bahamas was how his career began. With this opportunity came other pieces for British magazines and The Sunday Telegraph.
Historical Festivals: Controversy or Political Correctness?
The vast majority of festivals around the world are thoroughly fun; however, some may give us pause to think. So, how do you avoid the questionable ones? Mike East opens…
Latest Travel News
- November 10, 2022 - January 4, 2023
- November 17, 2022 - January 1, 2023
- November 18 - December 22
- November 19 - December 23
- November 21, 2022 - January 15, 2023
- November 23 - December 24
- November 25, 2022 - January 1, 2023
- December 1 - December 10
- December 1, 2022 - January 22, 2023
- December 2
- December 3
- December 7 - December 17