Winchester Christmas Market 2022
November 18 - December 22
A highlight of the festive season, Winchester Christmas Market opens on 18 November. Since 2006 the market has been recognised as one of the leading Christmas Festivals in the UK alongside Bath, Edinburgh and Canterbury.
The city has firmly established as a destination for a genuine Christmas experience, albeit one based firmly in the German tradition of Christmas markets. Around half a million people are expected to attend this year’s festival which will last for five weeks straddling November and December.
With roughly 100 wooden chalets crammed into the area around Cathedral Close, there’s still room for an ice rink to ensure fun for all the family. In addition to the usual Christmas paraphernalia there is a food court food with plenty of mulled wine to keep you warm, as well as a nativity scene – it is Christmas after all – and, naturally, the spectacular Winchester Cathedral looking down deignfully upon all the festivities.
Winchester Christmas Lights
The Winchester festive season will kick off when the Christmas lights will be turned on and there will be with a stage show outside the Guildhall.
Events include a traditional pantomime as well as concerts. Winchester Cathedral has produced Christmas in Winchester Guide which outlines all the venues and attractions in the area.
Winchester Christmas Market Dates
The Christmas Market will run from 18 November to 22 December, 2022.
Winchester Christmas Key dates (previous – to be updated when known)
- 18 November – Christmas Lights Switch On and Snow Globe in The Square
- 19 November – 22 December Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market
- 20 November – 4 January Winchester Gingerbread Trail
- 30 November – 5 January – Aladdin Pantomime
- 01 December – Christmas at Marwell
- 18 December – 22 December Santa at the Great Hall
Why not follow Mark Bibby jackson on the Pilgrims’ Way from New Alresford to Winchester?
Things to do in Winchester
More information on the Winchester Christmas Market
Mark Bibby Jackson
Festivals by Location
Festivals by Category
Latest Travel News
- November 10, 2022 - January 4, 2023
- November 17, 2022 - January 1, 2023
- November 18 - December 22
- November 19 - December 23
- November 21, 2022 - January 15, 2023
- November 23 - December 24
- November 25, 2022 - January 1, 2023
- December 1 - December 10
- December 1, 2022 - January 22, 2023
- December 2
- December 3
- December 7 - December 17