Overlanding specialists, Dragoman, are returning to Pakistan in June 2020 with a new 15-day Pakistan Discovery Adventure. Dragoman’s mantra of going genuinely off the beaten track is fully seen through with this announcement by Dragoman who has stood at the forefront of overlanding for nearly 40 years in their iconic orange trucks.
Charlie Hopkinson, Dragoman’s Sales Director explains, “Pakistan is an extraordinary country to visit and not what most travellers expect. This journey is designed to show the many faces of the country, from its chaotic cities to its spectacular mountains”.
The heart of this trip is about exploring the Karakoram region, including settlements such as Gilgit and Hunza, but also the mountains themselves. It is not a journey for the faint hearted, with switchback roads climbing and tumbling through mountain passes and gorges, past vast fast flowing mountain torrents.
Hiking in the magnificent Karakoram is intrinsic to the journey and there will be plenty of opportunity to explore below the towering peaks of the Himalayas as well as some of the ancient bazaars, forts and palaces.
Perhaps one of the most historic cities in Pakistan is Lahore and we will allow enough time to get under the skin or this great city and to find out about its Mogul past, as well as taking an afternoon to witness the most bizarre event in all of India and Pakistan, the flag lowering ceremony at the Wagah border.
For more off-the-beaten-path experiences, celebrate Tsagaan Sar or Mongolian New Year in Ulaanbaatar.
Dragoman’s fleet now extends to nearly 30 purpose built overland trucks crossing 55 different countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Highlights of this trip include:
- Visit the old walled city of Lahore and explore the local Bazaars
- Watch the daily flag lowering ceremony between Pakistan and India at Wagah Border
- Explore the imposing Rohtas Fort
- Drive through stunning Himalaya and Karakoram mountain ranges
- Enjoy a stunning two day hike up to Nanga Parbat ( Herlikoffer ) Base Camp
- Visit a Pamir Music school in Gulmit Village
- Hike up to Passu Glacier viewpoint
Full information can be found at https://www.dragoman.com/holidays/details/pakistan-discovery
Latest Travel News
- February 15 - March 3
- February 15 - February 29
- February 18 - February 26
- February 19 - February 22
- February 19 - March 1