Tenerife Is Ready for UK Travellers
The UK Government has announced that The Canary Islands will be removed from the FCDO’s global travel advice against non-essential travel and added to the travel corridor list.
From 4am Sunday 25 October, passengers arriving to the UK from the Canary Islands will no longer need to self-isolate, so long as they haven’t been in or transited through any other non-exempt countries in the 14 days preceding their arrival.
The Canary Islands are one of the areas with the least incidence in Spain. The general moment is that life is as always in the cosmopolitan area and in the towns of mayor residential population. Tourist districts are very quiet due to the low rate of arrival of travellers.
To protect everybody’s health, the Government of the Canary Islands has implemented a series of health control measures, applicable to all visitors:
- Before your trip: in the 48 hours before your arrival in Tenerife, you must complete a public health form online at SPAIN HEALTH https://www.spth.gob.es/ to obtain your personal QR code.
- At your arrival airport: you have to show your QR code at security (you must have it printed out or on your mobile phone) and your temperature will be taken on arrival and, if it is 37.5 C or higher, you will undergo a medical assessment.
- The Canary Islands has a travel insurance in place to cover possible expenses related with a possible positive case while observed during your holidays.
- Mandatory use of face mask must be worn by adults and children over the age of six when outdoors or in enclosed public spaces, except when eating or drinking, doing physical exercise and/or if you are disabled or have a respiratory condition.
- Interpersonal distance is set at 1.5 metres.
- The use of products for individual hygiene (hydroalcoholic gels and soap) is encouraged.
- Appropriate cleaning and disinfection of all establishments and all materials for activities (especially common areas)
To get more information about the protection measures to prevent COVID-19 and others important aspects, please visit https://www.webtenerife.co.uk/blog/2020/09/tenerife-travelling-to-tenerife-update-information/
Mark Bibby Jackson
Latest Travel News
- August 5 - August 29
- August 5 - August 28
- August 12 - August 20
- August 18 - August 21
- August 18 - August 21