Discover the World is launching a dedicated travel programme to the UK in partnership with award-winning active and nature-based tour operator Wilderness Scotland to offer a choice of self-drive, walking, cycling, kayaking and wildlife adventures to Scotland and northern England.
The trips can all be tailormade for independent, private travel and there are also a number of small group trips of just eight people on offer, including photography experiences, taking in the most remote and beautiful regions of the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
“We felt it was the right time to enhance our travel portfolio to offer some new and fresh experiences especially as 2020 has really given us more of an appetite to explore closer to home,” commented Clive Stacey, managing director of Discover the World.
Discover the World continues to offer a wide portfolio of holidays to destinations including Iceland, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Alaska, Canada and the Polar regions. In fact, with Iceland already open to visitors, adding the new UK portfolio means that the operator has some great choices for summer and autumn holidays to book now as other countries gradually open up.
“Usually when we add a new destination it takes us considerable time to research, travel and set up new relationships on the ground. Therefore, by forming this type of partnership where we are able to harness Wilderness Scotland’s 19 years of experience and excellent customer service, we can offer our clients some incredible trips for this summer and autumn and into 2021.” added Stacey.
Exploring rugged beautiful landscapes, wildlife experiences and off-the-beaten track itineraries is at the heart of Discover the World’s travel specialism. The content of the new UK portfolio mirrors the types of trips already offered to other destinations as well as also offering ‘no-fly’ travel options, with a range of self-drive, rail, hiking and escorted group travel options.
- A nine day wilderness walking trip through the National Parks of the UK departing on 16 and 20 August from £2,495 per person.
- A six night ‘self drive’ Skye and The North West Highlands including the chance to sea kayak, hike on some of the oldest mountains in the world and enjoy incredible award winning food from £2,995 per person
- A seven night self-drive The North Coast 500 – a 500 mile round trip driving Scotland’s answer to Route 66 from Torridon to Inverness via John O’Groats with boat trips and privately guided walks staying in deluxe country hotels from £2,155 per person
- A five night Sea Kayaking The Scottish Highlands exploring some of the best coastal scenery in Scotland’s Northwest Highlands by sea kayak as well as some hiking based in a Highland Inn on the shores of Loch Torridon departing 13 September 2020 from £1,395 per person.
- A four night group autumn wildlife adventure on Islay on the west coast of Scotland. Home to thousands of barnacle geese as well as a wealth of other birdlife and marine life that seek refuge in the wild places of this intriguing island departing 16 or 22 October 2020 from £1,095
To celebrate the new partnership all Discover the World clients booking a UK holiday will receive an exclusive 10% discount on Haglofs quality outdoor gear and clothing.
For more information and to book visit https://www.discover-the-world.com/uk-holidays/ or call 01737 886 131.