Pandaw River Expeditions, is embracing family travellers by offering children their own cabin, free of charge, on selected sailings throughout the school summer holidays.
The offer, which gives adventurous families the opportunity to visit breath-taking destinations on the exotic rivers of Southeast Asia, applies to up to two children aged five to 18 years, when travelling with two full-paying adults. Parents can enjoy the space and privacy of their own room, whilst relaxing in the knowledge that their children are close at hand in the neighbouring cabin.
With families often penalised by sky high school holiday prices, Pandaw founder and CEO, Paul Strachan said, “A river cruise in Asia provides an enlightening experience for children. It takes them a world away from their daily lives, broadens their minds and nurtures a sense of adventure.
“By offering a second cabin, free of charge, for children during the school holidays, we’re making it accessible for families to explore Asia in the safety and comfort of a Pandaw ship. The cruise includes daily excursions, full board, local drinks, cultural performances, movie nights and free mountain bikes to explore rural villages, temples and countryside.”
The special offer is available on three of Pandaw’s most popular itineraries: The Classic Mekong between Cambodia and Vietnam, The Mandalay Pagan Packet on the Irrawaddy and The Chindwin in Burma, with departures available in July, August, September and October 2018.
CLASSIC MEKONG: 7 nights from US$1,840 per adult
- 7 July – Siem Reap to Saigon
- 4 August – Siem Reap to Saigon
- 18 August – Siem Reap to Saigon
- 30 September – Saigon to Siem Reap
- 20 October – Saigon to Siem Reap
MANDALAY PAGAN PACKET: 7 nights from US$1,611 per adult
- 28 July – Mandalay to Pagan
- 18 August – Mandalay to Pagan
- 29 September – Pagan to Mandalay
- 20 October – Pagan to Mandalay
THE CHINDWIN: 7 nights from US$3,307 per adult
- 14 July – Monywa to Homalin
- 21 July – Homalin via Nagaland to Kalewa
- 18 August – Homalin via Nagaland to Kalewa
- 29 September – Homalin to Monywa
- 20 Ocober – Monywa to Homalin
Fares include all meals aboard Pandaw’s elegant, colonially-styled river steamers as well as local soft drinks, beer and spirits, crew gratuities and excursions ashore to local villages, markets and pagodas. Fares are subject to availability and conditions apply. Departures are subject to change. Pre & post-accommodation offers and extensions are also available.
For reservations and more information, call 0208 326 5620 or go to www.pandaw.com.
Mark Bibby Jackson
Latest Travel News
- February 19 - March 1
- February 21 - February 29
- February 21 - February 26
- February 22 - February 25
- February 23 - February 25