This New Year’s Eve, after a(nother) year like no other, we all want to make the most of our time together with friends and family. Get ready to spoil your loved ones by throwing a festive house party to remember, even if it might have to be via zoom for many of us.
Model and cocktail connoisseur, Portia Freeman has teamed up with her go-to brands; Casamigos, Johnnie Walker, Gordon’s, Baileys and Smirnoff to create great cocktails that you’ll want all your party guests sipping on.
Designed with easy-to-purchase ingredients, Portia Freeman has brought her signature (and stylish) flair to twist some of your favourite cocktails that are perfect to serve any time. Think Margaritas 2.0.
You might not be able to travel to Mexico just like our editor Mark Bibby Jackson did earlier in the year, but you can bring the taste of Mexico to your own home with Portia’s Pomegranate & Cranberry Mar’Granita with Casamigos Tequila (2.2 units per serve).
- 50ml Casamigos Blanco Tequila (2 units)
- 20ml lime juice
- 50ml pomegranate juice
- 10ml cranberry syrup
- 25ml prosecco (0.2 units)
- To garnish: pomegranate arils, pink peppercorn shells, cinnamon and sugar rim, lime wheel/zest
- Scatter the sugar and cinnamon on a plate or flat surface, dampen the rim of the glass and then place the glass downwards into the sugar and cinnamon mix until you have a lovely frosted rim.
- Add your peppercorn shells to the sugar and cinnamon rim, and set to one side.
- Add the cocktail ingredients, including Casamigos Blanco Tequila, to your shaker, top with ice and shake.
- Pour into a freezer-proof dish and freeze for up to 2-3hrs, stirring every 30-45mins.
- Remove from the freezer and add the frozen Mar’Granita to the glass. Top with Prosecco and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Images: PORTIA FREEMAN @ lateef.photography
Mark Bibby Jackson
Latest Travel News
- January 17 - February 26
- January 17 - February 12
- January 31
- February 2 - February 26
- February 3 - February 5
- February 3 - February 12
- February 3 - February 4
- February 3 - February 11
- February 4 - February 21
- February 4
- February 4 - February 25