Forest Agencies Launch the New Forest Code
In an unprecedented move, six different groups have joined forces to launch the New Forest Code; they are Go New Forest*, National Parks England, Forestry England, New Forest Commoners, New Forest Verderers and New Forest District Council.
Comments Anthony Climpson OBE, CEO of Go New Forest: “We are in unprecedented times and with tourism returning to the area, we wanted to communicate to people how they can be Forest Friendly Visitors.
“The code covers various issues from advice about behaviour around wildlife, to sticking to designated cycle tracks, and a reminder that there is a strict ban on BBQs and fires – especially important at the moment after a long, dry spell.”
The code has nine key messages, each of which has its own symbol, namely:
- Keep your distance from the animals – don’t touch or feed them
- Take home litter and dog waste
- No fires or barbecues
- Keep dogs under control and don’t let them approach or chase animals
- Park only in designated car parks
- No wild camping
- Stick to the permitted cycle tracks
- Drive with care – animals are on the roads
- Help wildlife by keeping to the main tracks
The style is very much in keeping with the visitor-focussed, website commentary, which can be found on the main, generic site: www.thenewforest.co.uk.
The website – which has seen a huge increase in traffic in recent weeks – contains comprehensive information about the forest including activities, things to do, food and drink, and accommodation of every type (and at the best prices guaranteed when booked direct).
The website also gives information about the Go New Forest Card, which can be purchased for just £10, entitling the holder to discounts with hundreds of businesses located in and around the forest.
To see the New Forest Code on the website, CLICK HERE.
* Go New Forest is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company (CIC) which delivers marketing and promotional support for the New Forest destination.
Cover photo, Fallow deer c. MJ Matthews
Mark Bibby Jackson
Latest Travel News
- November 10, 2022 - January 4, 2023
- November 17, 2022 - January 1, 2023
- November 18 - December 22
- November 19 - December 23
- November 21, 2022 - January 15, 2023
- November 23 - December 24
- November 25, 2022 - January 1, 2023
- December 1 - December 10
- December 1, 2022 - January 22, 2023
- December 2
- December 3
- December 7 - December 17