Taking place this month in the city of Santa Barbara, California, the Santa Barbara Culinary Experience (SBCE), in partnership with The Julia Child Foundation for Gastronomy and the Culinary Arts, will see an expansive calendar of events across the three-day weekend on 13-15 March, 2020.
The SBCE will be an epicurean celebration of both Julia Child – a long-time resident of the city – and Santa Barbara’s booming culinary scene involving chefs, mixologists, restaurateurs and the local community, with guest appearances from nationally renowned food and beverage talents.
The late cookbook author, chef and TV personality Julia Child was passionate about teaching others about the culinary arts—and was an aficionado of Santa Barbara. The Santa Barbara Culinary Experience aims to gather the community and visitors to celebrate the bounty of Santa Barbara’s abundant resources found in its local farms, ranches, vineyards and ocean, inspired by the spirit of Julia and her legacy of culinary education.
Event pricing ranges from $15 for a single event to the all access Platinum Pass for $995 per guest.
- A new, complimentary downloadable Julia Child Map of the beloved chef’s favourite haunts in the Santa Barbara area for self-guided tours, specially created for the launch of the Santa Barbara Culinary Experience;
- A Celebration of Santa Barbara Wine: SBCE Welcome Reception;
- Border Grill on the Beach: SBCE Signature Luncheon featuring Julia Child Award Recipients Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger;
- Tour of wine cellar and Julia Child-inspired dinner at San Ysidro Ranch;
- Documentary screening of Nothing Fancy and dinner from Chef Claudette Zepeda (El Jardín) at Belmond El Encanto.