Don’t Travel Alone, Travel Solo with Explore
With half of all Explore customers travelling solo, those deciding to travel by themselves are far from being alone. Research suggests that many people planning to take a trip of a lifetime are worried about travelling solo and occasionally even put it off altogether. Adventure travel specialist Explore is championing the solo traveller by offering a free single room upgrade on selected trips booked between 21 November and 20 December 2017, saving up to £625 per person.
There are 30 trips included in the offer, from Belarus to Burma. Here, Explore outlines just a few of its most popular trips for solo travellers.
Pure Brazil – Saving up to £625per person This two-week trip to Brazil visits the colonial city of Salvador and the ‘Marvellous City’ of Rio de Janeiro. Discover the Pantanal Wildlife Reserve, searching for animals including capybara and caiman. Along the way, admire the thundering waters of Iguazu Falls and explore the Amazon Rainforest. This two week trip starts from £4,449 per person and includes return flights, eight nights’ hotel accommodation, five nights’ lodge accommodation and some meals.
Belarus Short Break – Saving up to £55 per person This short break is designed to give a taster of everything that makes Belarus a great destination. Experience Soviet history in Minsk, historic castles, rolling countryside and rural traditions – all in just five days. Spend three nights in the capital city of Minsk and a night in the UNESCO-listed Nesvizh Castle. See Brazilian-Belarusian street art collaborations in the city and have lunch in the parliament canteen. Whilst at Rosy Eco Village you’ll meet families that have left the rat race for a more traditional lifestyle and sample their homemade produce such as bread and honey. This five-day short break starts from £799 per person and includes return flights, four nights’ hotel accommodation, some meals, an Explore tour leader and local guide.
Contrasts of Mexico – Saving up to £295 per person This exciting journey explores the mysterious land of the Aztecs, Zapotecs and the Maya. Visit the impressive Maya sites of Tikal and Palenque, as well as lesser known sites of Monte Alban, Bonampak and Yaxchilan, and the pyramids at Teotihuacan. Take a boat trip through the impressive Sumidero Canyon and visit the Mayan towns of San Cristobal and San Juan Chamula. This 15-day trip starts from £1,899 per person and includes 13 nights’ hotel accommodation, one night lodge accommodation, some meals and an Explore tour leader.
Buddha’s Island – Saving up to £420 per person This comprehensive trip of the ‘Pearl of the Indian Ocean’ covers Sri Lanka’s many highlights at a relaxed pace. Uncovering ancient cities, rock carvings and gilded temples, you’ll discover its rich Buddhist history and culture. Other highlights include the spectacular Hill Country, wildlife-filled national parks and an idyllic tropical coastline. This 15 day trip starts from £2,099 per person and includes return flights, 13 nights’ hotel and one night guesthouse, some meals, an Explore tour leader and local guide.
For more information or to book, visit www.explore.co.uk/solo or call 01252 884 723.
Terms and Conditions Apply. The free single room upgrade is available on any available departure date of the following selected trips:
- Armenia / Georgia: Land of the Golden Fleece (trip code GF)
- Belarus: Belarus Short Break (trip code BEL)
- Brazil: Pure Brazil (trip code BR)
- Brazil / Argentina: Buenos Aires to Rio (trip code QBR)
- Burma: Burma Highlights (trip code BUH); Burma in Depth (BUI); Cycle Burma (CBUR)
- Colombia: Contrasts of Colombia (trip code BCO)
- Cuba: Cuba Libre! (trip code CL); Highlights of Cuba by Bicycle (CSC)
- India: Mughal Highlights (trip code MG); Rajasthan – Land of the Maharajahs (RD)
- Jordan: Jordan Discovery (trip code JD); Spice Trails of Petra (TP)
- Mexico / Belize / Guatemala: Contrasts of Mexico (trip code MX)
- Morocco: Southern Oasis Cycling (trip code CSO)
- Romania: Best of Romania and the Danube Delta (trip code TD)
- Sri Lanka: Buddha’s Island (trip code SL); Sri Lanka Highlights (SLH)
- Vietnam: Inside Vietnam (trip code VN); Highlights of Vietnam and Cambodia (VC); Mekong Delta and Angkor (CVE)
Mark Bibby Jackson
Latest Travel News
- February 19 - March 1
- February 21 - February 29
- February 21 - February 26
- February 22 - February 25
- February 23 - February 25