Kiroro, a pristine gem in the heart of the Hokkaido Golden Triangle, is an undiscovered five-star, all-season, exclusive alpine resort destination. Already known by avid winter sportsters because of its consistently perfect powder, Kiroro is emerging as an all-round resort for vacationers of all types offering a convenient location, five-star accommodation, world-class dining and shopping and a host of outdoor activities.
There is much to discover in Kiroro, and incentive to discover it before the large crowds do. Here’s what you may not know – but need to know – about Kiroro.
You might also think about downloading a skiing app.
Powder Paradise – Learn for yourself what ski aficionados already know: Kiroro has some of the deepest snowfall (20+ meters each year) in Japan, the lightest powder and more off-piste tree skiing than nearby resort Niseko. Kiroro also enjoys the longest ski season, stretching from November – May.
A Resort for All – Kiroro is more than just a powder paradise – skiers and boarders of all levels will find plenty to love on the resort’s 22 perfectly groomed ski runs, hundreds of acres of tree skiing, and a terrain park – all without the long lines of nearby resorts.
Summer in the Yoichi Mountains – The forested hillsides and cooler temperatures of the Yoichi mountains are perfect for park golf, fishing, mountain biking and hiking.
5-Star Accommodations –
- Yu Kiroro, winner of the best condominium development 2018 in Japan, offers 108 units freehold of luxury, ski-to-door private residences that are fully-furnished with premium services. Owners enjoy ski valet, a natural indoor-outdoor onsen, 24-hour concierge, fitness centre and owner lounge, owner privileges and an all-day dining restaurant. Yu Kiroro will be completed in December 2019..
- Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort is was nominated for the 2017 World Ski Awards for Japan’s best ski hotel. The perfect haven for skiers and adventure seekers, the resort offers 140 guestrooms and suites along with three restaurants right at the base of the slopes and next to the mountain centre, with easy access to the ski and snowboard academy, rental shop and ski valet.
- The Kiroro, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is a classic luxury mountain resort nestled in the heart of Kiroro, with breathtaking views of the two nearby peaks, Asari and Nagamine. The 282-room hotel offers mountain vistas from every room, world-class facilities, and five dining options ranging from Japanese to Italian.
Kiroro Nature Centre – Enjoy year-round fun with outdoor activities coordinated by the resort. In the winter, sled, tube or build snowmen in the resort’s Snow Park. Or enjoy the snow banana boat, buggy and raft on the open snow field. In the summertime, ride the Mt. Asari Gondola to the top, and hike from the Asari to the Yoichi summits while enjoying spectacular views. In the Activity Park, enjoy park golf, bungy-trampoline, Euro-bubble ball, tennis, bikes, fishing and more. Or, explore un-mapped waterfalls and waterways in the nearby mountainside forests with a local guide.
Read Mark Bibby Jackson’s experience as he takes to the slopes of Niseko Japan a 40-year-old ski virgin.
Premium Local Hokkaido and International Dining – Kiroro offers 11 restaurants serving up fresh, local Hokkaido as well as an international array of cuisines to please every palette. From fresh Hokkaido cuisine like Shabu Shabu using local ingredients and fresh produce at Fuga to homemade Italian at Alla Moda and everything in between.
Ice Star Resort– A stunning new sub-zero winter experience constructed from water and ice featuring Ice Restaurant with Swiss fondue and other Alpine-inspired favourites, an Ice Café and skating rink.
Winter Forest Tour – Snowshoe through crystalline trees to a stunning waterfall or jump on a snowmobile and race through the snow-capped scenery. Even better, enjoy the winter wonderland at night with a local guide.
Onsen – Apres ski with a Japanese twist, relax after a day of skiing at Kiroro Onsen a natural caldera hot spring that flows from the Akaigawa Village. Soak in mineral-rich water and enjoy pristine forest views. Or, relax and detox in Ganbanyoku, the hot stone sauna.
Otaru – Otaru is a beautiful port city just 30 minutes from Kiroro with a lovely canal meandering through the city. Whether a short dining trip, or a full-day tour, Otaru has something for everyone of all ages. Originally a major trade and fishing port, Otaru’s original warehouses and office buildings have been transformed into charming shops, restaurants and craftmaking based on local traditions. Stroll through town and visit shops; taste sake from local brewers; visit glassworks shops to see creations from local artisans and try your hand at blowing glass; or make your own music box at the Otaru Music Box Museum.
Mark Bibby Jackson
Latest Travel News
- November 10, 2022 - January 4, 2023
- November 17, 2022 - January 1, 2023
- November 18 - December 22
- November 19 - December 23
- November 21, 2022 - January 15, 2023
- November 23 - December 24
- November 25, 2022 - January 1, 2023
- December 1 - December 10
- December 1, 2022 - January 22, 2023
- December 2
- December 3
- December 7 - December 17